Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Book Review!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Example for Children, May 31, 2011
This review is from: The Gift Box That Meant Everything (Perfect Paperback)
I never set out to buy my children lots of toys, so how did every room in my house get carpeted with Transformers, Legos, and Hot Wheels? Hand-me-down toys, birthdays, and Christmases, that's how. Unfortunately, this has created a desire in my children for more and more things. After all, they get almost everything they want, so why not ask for more?
Last night, I read The Gift Box That Meant Everything by Marjorie Simmons to my children. What a powerful illustration of humility and gratitude! This is a book that I will continue to read to my sons for the example set by the character Cecee. I will use this story as a tool to remind them to be thankful for all that they have: family, friends, and provision.
If you're looking for a book to set a good example on materialism, The Gift Box That Meant Everything is a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Author of 20 books and counting. Everything from Children's to Romance.Visit my Author's Page at amazon.com/author/marjoriesimmons

Things I like

  • Writing, Reading, Gardening, Crafts, and Spending time with family.





Grade school pic

Grade school pic